Ukraine has denied carrying out an airstrike on Russian territory following the engulfment of an oil depot in flames early Friday morning, an incident the Kremlin said could jeopardize peace talks. Russia has accused Ukraine of attacking a fuel depot in the Russian city of Belgorod on Friday, but a senior Kyiv security official has denied responsibility.

Ukraine has reportedly stated that it will not ” confirm or deny” that the airstrike occurred. ” For some reason, they claim that we did it, ” Security Council Secretary Oleksiy Danilov stated. ” However, our information indicates that this is not the case. “

Ukraine is currently engaged in a defensive operation against Russian aggression on Ukrainian territory, but this does not mean Ukraine is responsible for every disaster on Russian soil. ” Dmitry Peskov, the Kremlin’ s spokesman, stated: ” Certainly, the incident cannot be interpreted as creating conducive conditions for ongoing negotiations. “

According to Russia’ s defense ministry, two Ukrainian helicopters struck the facility in Belgorod, approximately 35 kilometers (22 miles) from the Ukrainian border, shortly after entering Russia at an extremely low altitude around 5 a. m. Moscow time (0200 GMT).

The resulting fire forced some residents to evacuate, but Belgorod mayor Anton Ivanov said late in the day that fire services were extinguishing the final embers.

” There is no threat to human life or health, ” he stated in an online post. All residents are welcome to return to their residences. ” This development comes as a team tasked with assisting in the evacuation of civilians from the besieged Ukrainian city of Mariupol has been forced to turn back due to ” impossible” conditions. According to the mayor, approximately 5, 000 people have been killed in Mariupol’ s besieged city– and 170, 000 remain trapped and unable to access food, water, or electricity.

This comes as the International Committee of the Red Cross was forced to abandon plans to deliver aid to the southern port city of Mariupol this afternoon, stating that the ” effort has been and continues to be extremely complex. ” On Saturday, it will attempt the operation once more.

The Red Cross previously stated that a convoy of approximately 54 Ukrainian buses and a number of private vehicles was en route, led by a team of three cars carrying nine staff members.

According to the United Kingdom’ s Ministry of Defence, between 1, 200 and 2, 000 Russian troops are being organized into three battalion tactical groups.

” It is highly improbable that Russia intended to generate reinforcements in this manner, and it is indicative of the unexpected losses Russia sustained during the invasion, ” they stated.

Additionally, the Ministry of Defense stated that Ukrainian forces reclaimed the villages of Sloboda and Lukashivka south of Chernihiv, which are located along one of the city’ s primary supply routes to Kyiv.

Ukraine had continued to launch successful but limited counterattacks east and northeast of Kyiv, it reported.

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine warned that Russia was instead resuming its offensive in the southeastern Donbas region.

Follow us on social media:

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.